The firm of Peter C. Kopff, LLC defends doctors and hospitals in claims of medical malpractice in both state and federal court. Medical malpractice has been a focus of our firm since its founding. Few other firms are as experienced, as successful, or as well regarded in the field of medical malpractice defense.
Our record of success is founded on:
- We Involve Our Clients – Years of experience confirms that doctors who are involved in their defense are most successful. As a result, we urge our clients to participate in nearly every step of their defense including attending plaintiffs’ depositions and jury selection.
- We Communicate Effectively – We explain complex medical concepts to jurors using language that they can understand. We use demonstrative evidence such as medical models and custom medical illustrations to enhance jury understanding of anatomy, pathology and surgery.
- We Are Empathetic – Medical malpractice lawsuits are often traumatic events in the lives of physicians and other health care providers, affecting them both personally and professionally. We are sensitive to the emotional needs of the people we defend and help them deal with their stress in preparation for a successful trial.
- We Challenge Their Experts – We have a reputation for effective cross-examination of adverse expert witnesses on both medical and non-medical issues. In preparation for this, we conduct exhaustive research into the backgrounds and previous testimony of plaintiffs’ “experts.”
- We Challenge Economists – We have had success in aggressively challenging the economic damage claims made by plaintiffs’ economists. In doing so, we have often been able to cast significant doubt upon the credibility of the plaintiff’s entire case and to limit jury awards when liability does exist.