Medical Device Litigation
The Firm of Peter C. Kopff, LLC is able to defend medical device manufacturers in product liability cases at trial and appellate levels, in both state and federal courts. We are able to handle cases in the following areas, among others:
- Orthopedic implants
- Heart valves
- Breast implants
- Medical implants
- Apnea monitors
- Ophthalmic and laboratory equipment
- Latex gloves
- Corneal tissue grafts
Our firm distinguishes itself from other medical device litigation firms in the following ways:
- We’re Very Cost-Effective – We have processes and methodologies in place that are considerably more cost-effective than firms that typically defend medical device litigations.
- We Possess Medicolegal Expertise – Our attorneys have a very strong background in medicine, stemming from our roots as a leading medical malpractice defense firm. Our medical knowledge gives us a clear advantage when defending any case involving personal injuries. Moreover, we have access to the finest medical professionals in America.
- We Go To Verdict – We take verdicts—and lots of them. We’re not just “litigators.” We’re seasoned trial lawyers who are comfortable going to court and litigating cases to conclusion.
- We Have A Strong Reputation – Our reputation precedes us in the courts of New York State. The opposition always knows that we’re willing and able to bring any case to trial and to verdict.
- We Understand Complex Litigation – We’re experts in litigating highly technical matters that require a great deal of expertise in science, medicine and other related disciplines. Equally important, we are expert at conveying complex concepts to juries in an understandable manner.